Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Well, since it's been about two months, I figured it was time to update everyone with a new blog post. The thing is, I just don't have much news! I still haven't heard ANYTHING about a host family and it's driving me crazy! Haha I know I have to be patient, I don't know why this is so hard for me. But anyways, in the meantime, I've got myself pretty busy for the summer. I got a job at a local grocery store, so YAY this means all this money can go towards my spending money while I am in Spain! Which I would like to have alot of ;).. Also, I've been really involved with school and college- I will be taking 3 classes at college this summer- 2 English classes and economics, to help make up for some credits I will miss, so I don't have to take a million classes senior year! What else, oh as far as Spain and AFS, I did receive my departure information! Here it is:

Carrier Name Carrier No. DEPARTURE ARRIVAL
Location Date Time Location Date Time
Swiss International Air Lines 15 JFK - New York - John F. Kennedy, NY 6-September-12 8:55 PM ZRH - Zürich - Kloten 7-September-12 10:45 AM
Swiss International Air Lines 2026 ZRH - Zürich - Kloten 7-September-12 12:25 PM MAD - Madrid - Barajas 7-September-12 2:45 PM
Yeah, so that's what it looks like! I get to go to NY, Switzerland, AND Spain, all 3 places I've never been before! I am so excited! As far as my visa for Spain, I think I'm pretty much all set- I just have to go to Chicago in August to pick it up and have my interview with the Spanish Consulate!

As far as a host family, I don't know how many people exactly have gotten theirs already, but I would say maybe a little more than half! Which means I've got to be soon, right? I've been researching regions of Spain, and I really, really want to be placed in Southern Spain:

I guess Southern Spain is called Andalucia? Yeah, so I would really love to be placed there, in either Granada, Malaga, or Sevilla I think would be really cool! Well, I think that's all I have for now, I will definitely post again as soon as I find out my host family and where I will be staying!
Besos,
Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment