Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Leaving people

- It's hard.
Saying goodbye to all of my friends and family was very difficult. I almost feel as if I am letting people down in some way- by disappearing out of their lives and not making myself available if they need me. Just today, my 11 year old sister told me "Lani, I can't believe you are leaving me tomorrow." And I do feel bad that I'm going to be so far away and unable to guide her and my younger brother. But this exchange program is something I'm doing for me. Going to Spain is my dream, and I am going to make it happen. Too many people have dreams all their lives that they never succeed in living out. I worked for this, and I want it more than anything.

 But to all the lovely and wonderful people in my life- I love you. I'll see you soon.

300 days away seems so long, yet so short. But I'm ready.

- The next post will likely be when I've safely landed in Spain.

Besos, Lani.

No comments:

Post a Comment