Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Having the strength to start all over again

Oh School. The first day wasn't so fun. It's hard to start over with everything- new school, new friends, new teachers, new classes...everything. But it's definitely improved from that first day :) I feel alot more comfortable now, and am starting to make friends.
In choosing the track I wanted to take, (at my old school there were only two- sciences or humanities, but here they have three) I knew I wanted to try something new. I didn't want to continue with sciences like I had done in Ponfe. I like sciences, but honestly such a heavy science and math-based course was just too much for me. So I decided that here I would try one of the two humanities tracks- the one that had Greek and Latin. I thought, "well I've never learned anything about these languages before and they aren't offered at my school in the US, so I should try it out!"
Well, Yeah. That lasted two days. Greek on top of Latin on top of French on top of Lengua (Spanish) was just too much all at once. And I would have had to learn everything the students had already learned in the first trimester just to catch up. And I don't really want to learn four languages right now, I'd rather focus on Spanish. So starting yesterday, I switched to the Social Sciences branch and these are my classes:
History, French, English, Math, Economics, Lengua, Gym, Philosophy, CMC (a science class), and a class called Integrated Projects...where I think we just do projects but I have yet to find out!
The classes are fun. I enjoy them.. and I like almost all my teachers. :) Although the English teacher is about to have a baby and since they don't do substitutes here, we are going to be without an English class for a while. Oh well. The one class I have an advantage in we don't even have.

This weekend some of my new friends from school are going to come to Mazagon, (the pueblo where I live, I actually go to school in a bigger city called Palos) and we are just going to hang out on the beach and at the pier of Mazagon where there is a bunch of bars and restaurants. I'm excited!

I'm learning guitar. I'm actually teaching myself with youtube videos, but I figured what the heck, plus I think one day in a few months when I can actually play a few songs, it would be fun to walk down to the beach and just sit in the sand and play guitar. I don't know, the idea just came to me and I thought it would be cool.

I still can't get over the fact that I live so close to the beach. If I ran really fast starting from the door of my house, my feet would touch sand in 20 seconds. I just want to cherish this experience and live it up because I know how many people would love to just vacation here, and this is my home.

besos, thanks for reading even though I'm sometimes unorganized,
Lani.

1 comment:

  1. Your new town sounds amazing! You are so strong Lani and I hope you are really happy now! The guitar thing sounds like the coolest idea ever for real that's so awesome. besiiiitos :)

    ReplyDelete