Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Funny little things

Hey everyone,

Random post today. :) Of things I've noticed, little bits of culture that you might not notice if you came to Spain on vacation for a few weeks, but things that are here that I've been lucky enough to discover.

The mail is delivered by a man on a motorcycle here. I just love this. Just because it's so different...the first time I saw the guy zipping up and down our street on his motorcycle I couldn't stop laughing. Culture.

Kids can't drive cars until they're 18, but with 16 years you can drive a motorcycle..so there's always teenagers (almost all boys) zipping around on motorcycles. They love to show off on them and drive on the brick streets where people walk but cars aren't allowed to go.

The questions Spanish people ask me: Do you know any famous people? Do you guys really have lockers at school like in the movies? Can you teach us some bad words in English? Have you been to New York? Which do you like better, Spain or the US? (still don't have a clear answer to this question)

Salad is eaten with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, and a sprinkle of salt. Always. There's not the whole wall of salad dressings in the grocery store with five hundred different kinds to choose from.

Like I wrote in my last post, for breakfast in Andalusia they have their special traditions. Sometimes I like to fit in with the culture, but sometimes I just go for:


CEREALS. Frosted Flakes are delicious here too. :)


This is like a smoothie in a box- I promise, yummiest thing ever.




The afternoon grind- studying...


Always.



 Here's just some pictures that I've taken throughout the month with my friends here in Mazagon. They've been so welcoming to me and so nice, truly wonderful people. I have tons of fun with these girls! :)

Birthday party!



Last Sunday we went to a surfing competition on the beach!
Not that we have huge waves here or anything...but it was still cool!!




 Thanks for caring about my life ;) ..,
Lani


No comments:

Post a Comment