Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sevilla

So this is going to be a post about Sevilla, where I visited two weekends ago.

I just want to say Sevilla was beautiful. To me it was such a typical Spanish city, rich in history and with incredible architecture. I absolutely loved it, it is my favorite Spanish city that I have seen so far. Basically, it's only about an 1 hour and 1/2 from where we live, so my family and I just planned to go for the Saturday, and it was awesome! Here's a ton of pictures:

If you take a trip to Spain, visit Sevilla. You have to!


Just thought this was cute :)

Here we are






In the Cathedral of Sevilla (that we later explored)

Now one of my favorite things about Sevilla was all the street acts. They were really really impressive! This was a kind of indigenous singing act...

Can't figure out this one...



???

This one was kinda creepy...
Also saw my first Starbucks in 6 months..
Inside the cathedral I mentioned...

Statue to represent the tomb of Christopher Colombus

Called the Plaza of the Orange Trees
The Tower called "la Giralda"
I joined in with a German touring group! German seems cool :)
Climbing "la Giralda"
The View- Sevilla, Spain
The big circle in the center is a bull-fighting ring
It's basically the bell tower of Sevilla..
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giralda

Now just for some random pictures of other parts of Sevilla...

Another tower, with lots of history information inside
I can picture myself living here..



Get it? It's cool, because I'm like leaning up against the tower ahaha

This is Sevilla University
It's a COLLEGE...definitely the prettiest one I've ever seen



Streets of Sevilla

The famous Plaza of Spain
Interesting fact...there's actually a beautiful Spanish Plaza like this one in almost all of the big Spanish cities.



A little girl was there to take communion pictures...
That's us in the boat!

Well, folks, that's about it. It was a amazing trip and one I am very grateful to have taken. Thanks for keeping up with me!
Besos, Lani.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Cornelia.Can I connect with you and talk about Spain? Thank you. My skype saulyte1908

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lani. I really miss you and really like how you have leaned so much in the days you have spent in Spain. You have shared so much with us. Missed you much at my 80 year birtthday but know you were there in spirit. I ate a few more cookies for you. I want to wish you a birthday yourself on this 3rd day in May and hope we will celebrate big time when you return. Lots of love, Granpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Take good care of yourself and continue to enjoy Spain

    ReplyDelete