Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

First Trimester

So my first trimester of Spanish school is DONE! Thank goodness, that now we have break and I can focus more on learning Spanish and having fun and not worrying about school! To be honest I never really was worried too much about school, because I don't think I'm going to be getting much credit at my school in the United States for the classes I take here, if any. But I still wanted to pass Psycology and Spanish language, becuase those are the most likely classes that I could get credit for.
Anyways, here are my grades for Trimester 1:

Ciencias para el Mundo Contemporaneo:  9

Educación Física:  10

Filosofía: 3

Lengua Castellana:  8

Inglés:  10

Biología:  3 
  
Física y Química:  4

Matemáticas:  6

Psicología:  8


So basically, this is how the grading scale works : Anything lower than a 5, and you fail. A 5 is passing, a 6 or 7 is like a C in the US system. An 8 is a B, and a 9 or 10 is an A. 
Now this is the real equivalent- based on the difficulty of the schools here compared the the US, and the huge amount of material you have to study to do well. A 5 is a grade many kids are thrilled with because there are some classes that are just so hard you are super thankful you could pass. A 6 is decent. A 7 is what most kids shoot for- shooting for 7's and 8's is like A's and B's in the US. A 9 is almost unheard of, only the geniuses typically get 9's. And 10's aren't given out. Ever. I swear some teachers have a bias against giving 10's. Except for the exchange students, when it's your native language ;) Which explains my 10 in English.

So overall, these grades are pretty darn good for an exchange student, especially considering I'm not putting alot of focus on my grades here. I failed 3 classes- not too bad.

MERRY CHRISTMAS A TODOS!
Besos, Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment