Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The End

The last few days here, really the last week here, has been the absolute best week of my life. It's so sad to be here, in the experience, but at the same time on the outside, watching it end. I'm actually running on 3 hours of sleep right now in the last two days so sorry if I make no sense. Anyways, my little remaining time was just spent with some of my favorite people in all of Spain, and that was what made it so awesome. Here's some of the amazing things that have happened lately:

I made chocolate chip cookies that finally turned out well!


I went to a pool party at Maria's house.


Made a really great new friend <3


Look right beyond the pool is the ocean!


So, there is this song that's popular in Spain right now. And I really like it, and took to learning all the words. Well, at a night out a few days ago, I actually met the singer! It turns out he is from Huelva, my city! I was starstruck to say the least, I love his song and I've never met anyone famous in my life. Well anyways, I went up to him and I was like "Hi, I'm your fan americana!" And he was just like "Really? Well sing me my song." Well at that point I couldn't remember the lyrics to the song for my life, even though I knew them by heart, but I was just like wait, I really do know it! And after a few seconds they came to me and I sang his song to him. He was like "Oh my gosh, this is awesome dude, an American fan! Give me a hug!" Um yeah, it was an amazing experience and I ended up talking with him for a lot longer, and I promised I'd share his song with the USA. So here it is, and here's my picture with him. It was an amazing night. (You'll see him in the video, he's the one that sings the repeating chorus, not the rap.)




We were walking back at 6 am on Tuesday night, after this fiesta where I met the singer, and Maria and I were just like "Let's go swimming!" Maria is my best friend in the entire world by the way. And we did, yes we are some chicas locas but night swimming was the coolest thing ever, especially in her illuminated pool.


I walked through my loved Mazagon for the last time, or until next summer at least. This wasn't really a happy thing but at least you can all see how beautiful my pueblo is. :)


On my very last evening, we jumped off the bridge that there is by my house. It was terrifying, I'm not gonna lie. People had recommended us not to do it, apparently there are tons of jellyfish in that area of water (and I have seen them before), but we all wanted to for my final night in Spain. And as frightening as it was, I wouldn't take back that experience for a second. It was an amazing adventure.




And the absolutely best thing of all, a bunch of my Spanish friends made me this video. It's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me, and I will never ever forget all the kindness shown towards me in my year here. A todos en Mazagon: sois los mejores, nunca os olvidaré, gracias por todo lo que habéis hecho por mi, y nos vemos pronto.

Goodbye Lani

Saying goodbye to so many people here was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I feel like it's the end of an era. I know that's so dramatic, but I don't know when I will ever see many of them again and I so enjoyed sharing life with all of them. I have some of the best friends in all of Spain. Sin duda. Saying goodbye to my host family was heart-wrenching as well. I will never be able to thank them enough for all they've done for me.

I think this post puts a nice end to things, and there probably won't be any more posts from me while in Spain. This year for me has been hugely successful, and more than anything for all the amazing amazing people I have met. Thank you all for sticking with me and reading a long, I love you all.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you
Besos, Lani.

No comments:

Post a Comment